Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grossing Him Out Is Fun

So my husband and I have Netflix, and I really enjoy torturing him with bad movies. A little background: we are a childless married couple who are in and/or nearing their 30's. We do not have the personality types required to enjoy watching a bunch of craptacular kids movies. We are not the people who go see "Up" as soon as it hits the theaters. We haven't seen any of the new kids movies. No Madagascar, no Cars, no Shrek 8.

So it's HILARIOUS to me when we get our new Netflix films and we cuddle up on the couch and pop it in the DVD player and suddenly you hear the theme song to "My Little Ponies." And I'm talking about the REAL "My Little Ponies", not some lame-ass "updated" version. Please take a moment to educate yourselves on the difference between the two types of children's entertainment. Go ahead - I'll wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8&feature=PlayList&p=8BE808ED30468C3D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpurerF2HM

Ok, do you get it now? See how lame and weiner-y they make the new "updated" kids shows? WTF?

But I digress. Back to me torturing my husband for fun. So tonight's going to be extra special. I rented "The Business of Being Born", the documentary flick starring Ricki Lake and her vagina. I can't wait. I'll fill eveyone in on it tomorrow. It should be pretty damned funny. I'm still trying to decide what to serve for dinner, which we will be enjoying while we watch the movie. Ha. Hahah. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I was just going to say fish. You totally stole my joke. That's lame to post jokes on your own site. I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - if you don't like it, don't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine! Maybe I won't!!

    Who am I kidding. I will...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie Belle's Gum House Surprise? Really? It reminds me of a Baby Blues comic strip:

    http://www.babyblues.com/archive/index.php?GoToDay=1998-10-03

    Maybe I should rent Ricki's vagina... just to toss in a little excitement to our house...

    ReplyDelete