Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One of Those Weeks

Oh, Lordy. It's been one of those weeks. I am super busy at work, so I don't have time to write a real blog entry. Here is a nice, succinct, bullet-pointed list of crap that's been going on the last several days:

- I ran over an "Off" Citronella candle with my car while backing out of the driveway yesterday. I dragged the stupid thing for over two blocks, all the while thinking "What is that sound?"

- My sister-in-law has a staph infection. She came over to hang out for a bit this weekend. What did I do? I touched her wound. You know, the one infested with staph infection. Then I touched my eyes and licked my finger. (I'm kidding, people. But I did touch her owie. And then licked my finger.)

- I didn't feel like making anything for supper the other night, so you know what I served my husband? Beer. We literally had two beers each for supper. Ain't I a class act?

- I found more boxelder bugs in my house. Not many - like 5 or so. But it bothers me! I think they're in my walls! It's making me feel a bit panicked - I have an urge to go rip off a chunk of siding to see if they're in there! Yuck.

- Safety people drive me nuts. I know they are doing their job, and I know that their jobs are important. However, I don't think I need to do a "dry run" of the "evacuation process in case of a tornado" 15 times. In one day. Because the leader of the safety committee thought that we should be able to do it faster. Allllrighty. So we, the women of the office, spent a cumulative hour or so in the nasty women's locker room on the first floor. And now the safety lady is on a rampage throughout the office, looking for "fire hazards" (i.e. family pictures on your desk). Good Lord.

- I've emailed my husband like 5 times in the last two days to ask him nicely not to murder me. I've heard a lot of stories lately about these husbands that just snap and start killing folks. Just this week there was one in Florida, one in Georgia, and one in Illinois, I think. Yuck. It's almost becoming common for the husband to off his wife and kids. WTF? So I keep reminding my husband not to kill me. Because I would be super pissed off.

- And finally, I think I like the show Dexter, but sometimes it annoys me. Interesting, huh?

Well, that's the best I can do for you today. Sorry. I know it's lame. After this horrible week is over, maybe I'll have something worthwhile to blog about. Unless I die from exhaustion and stress-related psychosis. I'd sure have something interesting to blog about then, but I'd be dead, and I don't know if they have blogspot.com in heaven.

(Yeah, haha to all the upcoming jokes about me going to heaven.)

2 comments:

  1. You forgot "or if my husband snaps and goes on a killing spree." That would also be something interesting to blog about. I'm sure the rash of snapping husbands has to do with the coming of the end of the world. It's coming you know. 2012. December 22nd or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm yeah - I got nothin on this one. Give me a day or so to come up with something clever...

    ReplyDelete